Thursday, August 3, 2017

Hey There Stranger!

Holy moly has it been a while since I've shown my face on this part of the internet! I have been so busy these past four months, and to be honest, haven't really had any motivation or inspiration to write. Here's what I've been up to recently.

In April, I ran three half-marathons and as you can imagine, ended up getting injured. In hindsight, three may have been a bit much.... I busted my knee somehow and though I'm still not sure what the problem was, my physiotherapist told me today that it's all healed! Only took four months..... Though I doubt the lesson was learned! I also started working with Fat Tire Tours Berlin, where I work as a tour guide on bike. It's a fantastic job (even on rainy days) and I'm so glad to be able to do something I love and have a great group of people to work with.


In May, I headed to Slovakia, where I ran my first Spartan Race. This year, I decided to do less half marathons and do something different; obstacle course. So I opted to do a Trifecta, which includes doing the three distance Spartan offers: Sprint (5+km), Super (13+km) and Beast (21+km). The trick is that you need to finish all of them within a calendar year. It gave me the perfect opportunity to travel a bit as well! I defeated the Spartan Sprint, I visited Bratislava, a beautiful city and a few castles along the way. The rest of the month was spent working and running (or trying to with a bad knee).


In June, I celebrated my 23rd birthday, and headed to Paris for another Spartan Race; the Super. That one was slightly easier than the Sprint, somehow, even though I was covered in cuts and bruises! My parents were in France at the same time, so we met in Paris for a few days. I hadn't seen my dad in almost a year, so it was a fantastic place to be reunited! Berlin in June was gorgeous, so I enjoyed as much of the summer weather as I could! I'm still discovering new things about this city every single day.


In July, I headed to Edinburgh to run the Spartan Beast, a half-marathon distance obstacle course. It was one of the toughest races I've ever done, it was freezing cold, raining, extremely foggy and windy, but I finished it and if I can do this, I can do anything! For a prairie girl, running up and down mountains for 6 hours with obstacles in between is quite the feat! I got to enjoy the beautiful city with a good friend, then headed back to Berlin, where the weather was much less than desirable, but there was work to do and tourists to entertain!


Now August is here, and I can't believe how fast time goes! This month is going to be action-packed. In just a couple of weeks, I will be heading to Iceland to run my second marathon ever! My Scottish bestie Megan will be meeting me there and after the race, we will be heading off on a road trip around the country. We already have a few things booked, our tent, GoPro and gadgets are all ready to go, now we just wait (im)patiently!

As you can see, lots of things happened in the last four months and I will try to catch up on all the races, trips and everything I've been up to in the upcoming posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog