Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions? No. Goals? Yes.

Source

We always make New Year's Resolutions that we never keep. The reason for that? They're either too big, too unrealistic or we stress ourselves out. For me, saying "Starting today I will..." never works. I'm more of a goals-type of person; if I say "By next year, I will..." I always get better results. That way, I feel like I have more time to gradually accomplish something rather than go all out the first day, then get tired of it.
Source

So, instead of resolutions, this year, I will give myself goals to achieve by the end of the year.

By December 31, 2014,
I will have finished my final draft of my book and will have it sent out to agents.
I will have gone to Thailand.
I will have lost 20 pounds.
I will have had mostly A's in school.
I will have run a half marathon.
I will have written another book (first draft at least)
I will have read every book on my bookshelf that I haven't read yet. (There's 20 in total!)

So there you have it! My goals for the year 2014.

What are your goals for 2014?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog