Monday, April 20, 2015

Deutschland Part Two: Berlin and Leipzig

Oh Berlin.... My favourite city in the world. It's one of those places that surprises you and no matter where you are, there's something to see or do. I love it. This is the second time I go and this time, I was with my parents, my aunt and my cousins, so we did a lot of sight-seeing and things I have already done and seen, but I didn't mind. It was just good to be back!
We were living right next to the old Jewish area of town, and in it was this sort of back alley with lots of graffiti and an Anne Frank museum, we found the "Before I Die..." wall and I showed the Alexanderplatz clock to my parents.




As any proper tourist in Berlin, we visited Checkpoint Charlie, I went to a Trabi museum and checked out an Easter market. We also visited the Holocaust memorial and the Brandenburg Gate and found lots of street art.




Then of course, we ran the half-marathon.

After the half, my parents headed home and I made my way to Leipzig. When I was in Thailand, I met a German guy, Basti and we became good friends, so I thought I would go visit him! I did some couchsurfing there as well and my host was great! We spent a lot of time together, walking around beautiful Leipzig or enjoying the nightlife. After the craziness of Berlin, I loved how relax my time was. It felt like being home and spending time with friends.

When can I go back?? :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog