Friday, April 24, 2015

Homemade Skor Bars

I don't know about you, but I love chocolate! A few years ago, my aunt brought all these homemade desserts to our Christmas family dinner and among these goodies were what she called Skor Bars. They were amazing. I got completely addicted! She even made me a batch as a birthday present one year! Eventually, I decided that I couldn't just wait to have these once a year, so I went online and found the recipe.... Trust me, you'll thank you for this later!
It's such a simple recipe, with only 4 ingredients. Yes, FOUR ingredients! It's just so sugary and fat, but so totally worth it. Seriously.


You'll need:
-24 regular salted crackers
-1 cup butter
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line a pan (usually about 13x9) with parchment paper and arrange crackers evenly in the pan.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar until melted and smooth. Bring mixture to a boil while stirring constantly until it's smooth and bubbly. Boil for 2 minutes, then pour evenly over crackers.
3. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the caramel mixture and return to oven just long enough for the chocolate to melt, then spread chocolate with a spatula.
5. Put the pan in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate is firm (usually about 15 minutes), then cut or break into pieces.
And voila! Now you have these amazing, delicious treats that will get devoured in record time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog