Monday, April 13, 2015

Halfie Update #3: Weeks 9-16

Whoa! I haven't posed anything in waaaaay too long! I've been insanely busy with school, work and training and blogging has taken a hit. But I am back and I have a ton of things to post!

Let's start with half-marathon training! I trained for 16 weeks for the Berlin Half-marathon and even though I ran a lot less than I felt like I should be, I had a really great race! I was so busy with school that I didn't train as hard as I could have, and the weather was changing drastically, so that also didn't help. But enough with excuses!
Trail running this winter is basically all I've done and I really enjoy it. The crunch of the snow, the fresh air, the lack of people and dogs, and the "you ran in THIS weather?!"s are always nice! I can't say I will really miss it though... I'm ready for summer!
A couple of weeks before I was leaving for Germany, I started feeling like I was getting those same calf injuries as last year, and got nervous, but it went away really quickly and I before I knew it, I was  picking up my bib number in Berlin!
In total, I ran 113.58 miles (182.78 km) to train for this half-marathon, and every single one of these miles were ran during the winter. Now summer's here and I've already started training for my next half-marathon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog