Friday, November 13, 2015

November Project

In September, a friend of mine suggested I come with her to this bootcamp called "November Project" and my first thought was "well it's September, but okay..." So the next morning, she picked me up at 6am and brought me to The Forks Skatepark where everyone met up for 6:15am.

The workout started with a little huddle, where we hugged 4 strangers and told them we were glad they were there. After that? Man oh man. We did all kind of things: squats, lunges, sprints, jumps, bear crawls, push-ups, etc, etc. This workout is every Wednesday, rain or shine (end of the world included) only lasts an hour, which makes it perfect for anyone who works regular 9-5 hours (unlike me) and needs to be done by 7:15am to get ready for work.

 It was one hell of a workout and I was definitely sore the next day. Not only was I sore, but I was also addicted. It was so much fun to be surrounded by over 100 people, working out for free and being allowed to go at my own pace if I needed it! The first day I went happened to be picture day, so I got some funny glasses for a picture:

November Project is pretty damn cool: there are "Tribes" all over North America (Boston, Chicago, New Orleans, New York, Vancouver, Washington, just to name a few), it's free, it's guaranteed to happen every week and the people are amazing. People of all ages, shapes and sizes come together every week at the crack of dawn to start their day on the right foot.

The only hitch... I'm by no means a morning person, so of course I haven't been as often as I should have or would have liked, but I go and every time I go, I love it. Here are some pictures from the few NPs I've gone to (I've gone to more than 3 I promise! I just skipped the group photos) :

**All photo credits go to November Project Winnipeg**

If you're still not convinced, check out this great video:


November Project WPG from 204 FILMS on Vimeo.

See you Wednesday at 6:14am!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog