Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Goodbye Gluten!


To spice things up a little, I decide to force myself onto a gluten-free diet for the next 31 days. Everyone's been talking about how horrible it is for us and though I'm not entirely convinced, I thought I would give it a try and see what the hype is about.

*I did try this for 2 weeks before I left for Germany, knowing I would be eating mostly bread and cheese (which I did, by the way). I thought I might as well lose the few pounds I would gain from eating all that bready-goodness. The result were impressive: in two weeks, I lost over 12 pounds! I wasn't working out, or trying to eat healthy. I just ditched the gluten and bam!

**The ONLY exception to this gluten-free diet will be my granola bars. It's honestly the only thing keeping me alive at work. I am trying to only get healthier ones though, which are basically almost gluten-free anyway.

Goodbye pasta, bread, beer and all you other gluteny amazing foods! I will miss you! ...or will I?

2 comments :

  1. Oh wow! This is a big deal. You're a much stronger woman than I think I'll ever be. Haha. But anyway, since you're going to be doing your challenge for 31 days, you should consider linking up for the #31Days challenge over at thenester.com! I am doing it, too. It's going to be a fun one, I think! (I hope.) Good luck, Emilie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It's gonna be a loooong October! I'm love my gluten!
      I will definitely consider that! Thanks for the tip! :)

      Delete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog