Friday, October 4, 2013

Strangers and Adventures

Photo credit: (Wikipedia)
Last night I was taking the bus on my way to The Forks (for the non-Winnipeggers, it's a tourist-ish spot) to get ideas for a movie project for class. There was a woman, speaking with a thick Quebec accent, asked the driver what there was to see. She was from Montreal and only there for the day. The driver wasn't quite sure what to say, so without really thinking about it, I stepped up and asked her in French if she wanted me to show her around. She agreed and we were off!

I showed her around, explaining the history when I could, walked to the legislative building and around Osborne Village. We were having a great conversation about this and that and 2 hours went by in the blink of an eye.

The sun had gone down and we were getting hungry, so she bought me dinner for showing her around and finally, we parted ways after I showed her back to her bus stop. 
I wasn't expecting it to last 2-3 hours, but it was fun! It was great to talk with someone new. My good deed for the week :)

Happy Weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog