Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Doubt.

I've been doubting myself lately. I look around and I see everyone doing things and they are always so much better than I will ever be able to do.

When I see the work other people in my film class, I doubt myself. Their work is so good, and mine is just alright. Maybe it's just not for me.

When I read other people's book or manuscripts, I doubt myself. What if my story will never be as good? Maybe it won't work out for me.

When I read other blogs, I doubt myself. I highly doubt my blog is as good as theirs, or that's it's even the slightest bit interesting. Maybe it's not my thing.

When I get 50% in my favourite class, I doubt myself. I think that maybe it's not for me, maybe I should quit.

All I can think of is going back to bed and letting the world pass by, letting the storm calm before I go back outside.

I will not give up. I will not let my doubt pull me down. It's okay to doubt. I will come out of this doubt stronger, and more sure of myself than I am now.
Giving up is not an option. I will be okay.

2 comments :

  1. I know how you feel with this ... especially the blogging. But remember this, if you're blogging for the right reasons, it won't matter who does/doesn't read. If it fulfills YOU, then it's right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. That's the thing- I start doubting what I think fulfills me. Everything I like doing, I start to doubt.

    ReplyDelete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog