Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Movie-going, Katniss Style

Saturday night I went to see Catching Fire with Alex and my friend Jessica, with whom I saw Hunger Games when it came out.

First, let's start off by my very brief and non-spoilery review of the movie:
Wow!! I loved it sooooo much! Jennifer Lawrence was incredible (obviously) and the new cast was really really good! Finnick and Mags were exactly as I had pictured them when I read the books.

One thing I found that was really well done, making the movie almost better than the book is how in the book, it's only Katniss' point of view and they changed that in the movie. In the book, we only see what Katniss feels, sees, smells, etc., while in the movie, they also added more of President Snow and  things outside of her perspective. Instead of guessing what was going on, we could actually see it.
Even though our seats were total crap and we almost had to break our necks to see, I still really enjoyed the movie and I honestly want to go back and watch it again and again! You should all go see it! Like, seriously. Go! Now!

Now, when I was getting ready to go out, I decided to wear this simple olive-green shirt with little golden beads on the neckline I bought at H&M, and realized that with my black jeans, I kind of took on a Katniss-y look! I was very tempted to braid my hair, but I thought that would be a little too much.
I also realized as I was writing this post that I somehow always end up taking crooked pictures of myself... Oops!
Have you seen Catching Fire yet? What did you think?

2 comments :

  1. Loooooved it! I agree, Finnick was PERFECT. And you totally should have braided your hair. That would have been the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finnick was probably my favourite new character! I totally should have! Next time!

    ReplyDelete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog