Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gluten-Free: Recap

This past month, I decided to go on a gluten-free diet, just for kicks. I'm a bread and pasta addict, and so I thought I would change it up and little and see what all the fuss is about! Yesterday was my last day of this 30 day challenge and today I'm doing a recap of this month.
At first, I honestly thought I wouldn't survive. How can I live in a world without bread or pasta? Let me let you, it's possible! Over the past 30 days, I've eaten gluten-free bread, noodles, pizza, lasagna, brownies, and I don't know how many other things that were gluten-free!
Despite my big failure at the beginning, I managed to stay gluten-free for 30 days. I stayed gluten-free throughout thanksgiving (a bite or two doesn't count, right?), though I did cheat one day and went out for pizza with my sister for her birthday.
I was really interesting the way my body reacted to this change. I feel lighter, I've lost a few pounds, i digest much better and I don't feel so comatose after eating. I just feel satisfied. Even after I ate half of a large pizza, I didn't feel like my stomach was about to burst!
I'm going out for burgers tonight, but other than that, I think I may try to choose the gluten-free option when I can.

Yay for food!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog