Friday, March 18, 2016

Saint Patrick's Day in Berlin

The first time I went out to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day, I had a hell of a good time. I won a t-shirt, saw a great band live and even made a new friend, who then became one of my closest guy friends. Last year, I was too busy planning my trip and finishing all my homework to go out, so I made up for it this year!

Though I wasn't in Dublin to celebrate, I found myself in an Irish pub in Berlin, where you got a free hat and free whiskey for wearing green. It was incredibly crowded, but thankfully it was a beautiful night and we spent it on the patio drinking our Guinness and Jameson, and listenning to bagpipes (not Irish I know, but there definitely was a bagpipe player at the front door!)

Have I mentioned how international Berlin is? I spent the evening in an Irish pub with a German and an Indian guy, we all spoke English, and arround us? We heard Spanish, Irish, English, German, etc. All this to say that it was a great night!

Do you celebrate St. Paddy's Day? How?

2 comments :

  1. I'd imagine Germany to be a great place to be for St.Patricks day! Anywhere in the European regions. Obviously Ireland would be insane. That's too cute you all got hats for wearing green. Interesting the way you befriended people, same languages spoken. I'd still love to learn more French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bar was PACKED! and we weren't even downtown where it was busy! The hats were a lot of fun. Everyone in the bar was wearing one! It's definitely the best part of travelling. You get to meet people from all over the world and manage to communicate and befriend them anyway.

      Delete

Bella Lulu Ink Blog