Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015

2015 was a strange year... It started out as the worst possible beginning of a year and turned into one of the best years of my life. I laughed, cried, ran (a lot), ate (a lot), spent days without sleep, or slept 15 hours straight, and accomplished so many things I will never forget.

January
Well, January didn't start out too great. I got cheated on on New Year's Eve, then I started my last and toughest semester of university, started training for the Berlin Half Marathon and ranted about boys being stupid.

February
The highlight of this month was filming my party movie for my filmmaking class. It was tough, but a hell of a lot of fun! The final product is full of goofs and hilarious continuity errors, but the shoot brought me closer to many of my classmates and I made some great friends!

March
March was absolutely insane. Because I was leaving to Germany, I needed to finish all my school work 2 weeks early. This meant four 10+ page papers in German and film projects all due at the same time. I honestly did not sleep for about four days straight trying to complete all these projects. I threw a fit on my way home from the airport when I couldn't get on a flight the first day (and the second day). Finally, I got to Germany, and ran the Berlin Half Marathon!

April
April started off in Germany. It was such a wonderful adventure! I even got a tattoo! I wrote my last exams ever... It was slightly unreal.

May
In May, I ran my fastest half marathon ever!

June
A lot of things happened in June! I celebrated my 21st birthday, two days later I graduated from university, I ran another amazing half marathon, then injured my knee at a fun run...!

July
The best part of July? Folk Fest. I also went camping twice with friends, I ran Mud Hero and Dirty Donkey once my knee finally healed!

August
August was a crazy month. I was working 9-5 at the museum, then 5-midnight at the restaurant almost every day, then also on the weekends. My days off were very limited... and my sleep? Even more limited!


September
Another busy month for me. I worked my butt off, I ran a little, and spent a lot of time dressing up in medieval costumes in the Magna Carta exhibit at the museum.


October
In terms of work, October slowed down for me, which meant blogging picked up! I ran yet another half-marathon, voted for the first time and made some GoPro videos. Then, for Halloween? I became a mermaid! I also reached 200 posts!


November
November was a month of fitness: 30 Day Squat Challenge, November Project, Dodgeball, and my 5th half marathon of the year!

December
This last month has been a whirlwind. I spent 5 days in Montreal with my family, then started preparing my move to Germany.

It's been a crazy year, and I'm grateful for every minute of it, for every person I've met, for all those still in my life, and for all the opportunities I've been given. It's been an amazing and unforgettable year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog