Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer Lovin'


I can't believe it's already August!
Summer is slowly coming to an end, and I have to admit that's it been a great one. It hasn't been as full of adventures as it has been for some, but I've had some great memories of my own. I travelled to Germany for a 7 weeks, which was absolutely amazing. I met wonderful people, lived in this amazing country and learned so much more than I thought I would. Not only did I improve my language skills and learned about the culture, I also learned a lot about myself.
Coming home was the hard part. I really miss it there and I count the days until I can go back. In the mean time, I have to think about school and work.
Since I got back, I've been working two part-time jobs to save up for university, and I've actually been enjoying my work. My first job is with the Winnipeg Goldeyes, our baseball team. I only work every couple games, but it's still a good time. I get to meet new people, watch the game and have a good time, while being paid!
My other job is a tour guide in a museum. It's literally across the back lane from my house, so it's been very good for me. I love being able to leave 1 minute before my shift and get there on time! The museum is the childhood house of the author Gabrielle Roy. She wrote many books, including "The Tine Flute" and "Street of Riches." The museum has been open for 10 years this year and it's a great summer job. It's not very busy, so when we don't have visitors, we spend our time knitting and watching movies.

To be quite honest, though, I can't wait for September to come around. I love school!  I've already ordered 90% of my textbooks and got myself all organized and ready to go! Before I can get too excited for school, I have to live the end of the summer. It's been pretty cold lately, and I haven't even been to the beach yet!  There's less than a month left. Let's make it count!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog