Friday, October 30, 2015

DIY Mermaid Costume on a Budget

My family has always been the kind who never bought Halloween costumes. All our costumes have always been handmade, and this year is no different!
I've never really been the "dress up like a Disney Princess" type, but not too long ago I got myself a pair of mermaid leggings on a whim (they were cheap and if I got them they made it that I would get free shipping on my other leggings), and decided to use them for my Halloween costume. On top of the red hair, well it seems easy to just dress up as the Little Mermaid. Since I'm on a pretty tight budget, here's how I made a Halloween costume for under $30!

I got the shells at Michaels and painted them with paint I had at home, then added some glitter and rhinestones like this:
Start with painting the shells...
Final product after the glitter and rhinestones!
After that, it's just a matter of putting it all together!





Leggings: at Lotus Leggings for $16.99
Seashells: at Michaels for $3.50 each
Glitter and rhinestones: at Dollorama for $1.00 each
Bra: at Dollorama for $3.00
Total: $28.99

There you have it!

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

1 comment :

Bella Lulu Ink Blog