Monday, October 19, 2015

WFPS Half-Marathon

Yesterday I ran my fourth half-marathon of the year, and my fifth ever! This was the first time I ran the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service Half-Marathon, or WFPS Half-Marathon. This race is fundraises for the Heart and Stroke Foundation, which is a really good cause to be running for.
It was the fourth annual WFPS race, so it was awesome that I got to participate!

It was a pretty chilly morning, but all in all, it was a great race! Around mile 4, my ankle starting hurting. I've never had problems with it before, so I still have no idea what's wrong with it. It was just sore, like I had twisted it, except that I hadn't. I kept going and it was fine up until the last 5km, where I had to limp a little and walk more than I had planned to. I also wore my GoPro camera the entire time and filmed part of the race. I will be editing the video and hopefully have it up on Friday, so you'll get to experience the start and finish of a half-marathon first-hand.
I ended up with a time of 2:17:27 which is awesome! My goal was to run between 2:15 and 2:30, so this is perfect!  Right at the finish line, I ran like hell and felt like I was flying! It's the best part of the run when you've been running for over 2 hours and you have that little piece of strength left to sprint to the finish line. It's like all of a sudden your aching legs wake up and have all the energy in the world to run faster than they've even been able to. It's an amazing feeling.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog