Friday, October 23, 2015

Half-Marathon Time Lapse

Sunday, I ran the WFPS Half-Marathon with my GoPro strapped to my chest. I wanted to film the race so I could re-experience the run, as well as show others what it's like to run 13.1 miles. I encountered a few problems... The first being that the GoPro cameras have terrible battery life. I was only able to film about 40 minutes of the race: the first 30 minutes (5km), about 10 minutes here and there and the last 50 seconds of the race, when I sprinted to the finish line.

I ended up filming the race with a regular setting rather than a Time Lapse, since I knew that the camera would be bouncing around too much for the pictures to be clear. I found this amazing tutorial to turn a video into a time lapse and it worked! I wasn't 100% happy with the results of the time lapse; I thought it was way too fast, so I slowed down the video and it made the video a bit better. Of course, I'm still not quite satisfied with the end results, but I'm still testing out my camera and hopefully the next one will be even better!

Let me know what you think!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog