Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Night Run Time Lapse

I bought myself a Chesty (chest harness) for my GoPro so I could wear it during the half-marathon, but obviously, I wanted to test it out before I wore it while running for over 2 hours, so I went for a night run with my friend and used the time lapse setting.

A time lapse is basically a series of pictures at the interval you choose. A regular video is usually about 24 frames per second, which means there are 24 pictures needed to make 1 second of video. With a time lapse, the camera takes 1 pictures every 1, 5, 10, 30 or 60 seconds (on a GoPro at least), so the video looks more like a stop-motion animation than a regular video. What I didn't realize, was that by wearing the chest harness and running, the camera was moving a lot more than I thought, which meant that my camera was taking pictures every second, capturing all the movements I was making while capturing the light... And we all know what a picture looks like when you move the camera too fast. I was disappointed at first, but then we the right music, it actually kind of turned out to be a pretty cool video!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Lulu Ink Blog